HELLENIC ASSOCIATION OF CROs (HACRO)
The Hellenic Association of CROs was established by the judgement of the Court of First Instance in September 2012, and involves the contract research organization (CRO) companies that design, manage, monitor and conduct clinical trials of every type and phase in Greece, in partnership with pharmaceutical companies, investigators and physicians.
HACRO’s basic aim and primary purpose of operation is the promotion of clinical research in Greece, with particular emphasis on:
- Members’ commitment to compliance with internationally recognized standards and practice in clinical research conduct, the application of national and international regulations and high levels of quality assurance regarding the conduct of clinical research.
- Cooperation with local authorities, institutions, associations or unions representing companies that manufacture and distribute pharmaceutical products and medical devices, patient groups and associations and medical organizations, in order to promote the scientific methods and rules that govern clinical research and practice, while considering patients’ welfare and rights above all else.
- The establishment and application of a code of conduct, and the compliance of everyone involved in clinical research and practice in Greece.
- The promotion of education and training for everyone involved in clinical research and practice.
- Ensuring proper information is given to the media regarding clinical research and practice on human subjects.
HACRO members are (in alphabetical order):
Board of Directors
President, Evangelia Koraki
Vice President, Spyridon Anagnostopoulos
Secretary, Sofia Romboli
Tresurer, Ioustini Pollali
Member, Ioannis Roussos